Patient and Employee Concerns and Patient Grievances
Patient Advocate Services
The Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Patient Advocates strive to meet the needs and interests of each patient and their family. Do not be afraid to express your concerns. If you wish to file a grievance, you may call the Patient Advocate at (603) 740-2823. The grievance process is confidential and you may remain anonymous if you wish.
State of NH Department of Health & Human Services
You may also file a grievance with the State of NH Department of Health & Human Services by contacting the Office of Program Support, Bureau of Health Facilities Administration at 129 Pleasant Street, Concord, NH 03301 or by calling (603) 271-4592 or NH toll free at (800) 852-3345.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital strives for Patient Safety and Quality Care. Any patient or employee concerns regarding patient safety should be brought to the attention of Clinical Leaders and/or Administration. Furthermore, patients and employees have the right to contact JCAHO regarding patient care and safety that the hospital has not addressed. To contact Joint Commission, please call (630) 792-5000 or visit their website - Joint Commission (JCAHO).
|For more information, please read our Patients' Bill of Rights.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is pleased to provide all patients and their families/companions immediate and equal access to Effective Communication Aids and Services. These auxiliary aids and services are available free of charge.
Medical Record Request
Patients or their personal representative may inspect or obtain copies of their Wentworth-Douglass Hospital medical records or have copies sent to another facility by following the instructions below:
- When possible, patients are asked to give our Medical Information department a 48-hour notice prior to picking up their information.
- Have an idea of what information you need and the date of service (ex: a Nuclear Medicine study done on 1/25/2010).
- You must have two forms of identification before leaving with any medical information. This can include a drivers license, picture ID and another ID with a signature such as a credit card, library card or Social Security card.
- If you are picking up information for another person, you must also have two forms of identification and a written note from the patient requesting information, making note of the person's name who is picking up the information. The patient requesting the information must sign the note.
- A release of information form must be filled out by every individual requesting medical information.
Call (603) 740-2591 to request medical records or for more information.
Preparing for Surgery
Below are links to assist you through the process of preparing for surgery.
Pre Operative Screening
Resources & Links
Joint Notice of Health Information Practices
Read our Joint Notice of Health Information Practices to find out how your health information may be used or disclosed.
Please click on the link below to take our LabCalls Patient Feedback Survey.
LabCalls Patient Feedback Survey
Bioethics at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital
The Bioethics Committee at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital offers resources to help resolve issues for patients, family and staff. For more information, click here to view the Bioethics Committee's brochure.